Thursday, May 19, 2011

Diagenesis’ Disaster of a Day

This was our first day in Boston. It started out well. Birds were singing, flowers were in bloom, Jen was getting her cello adjusted.
I went outside to load up the car for our trip to pick up the cello and practice at Boston Conservatory. I noticed that the back right tire was very flat. Jen confirmed it. Since I have been doing a lot of driving in Montana I am always completely covered by AAA. I called and they sent someone out right away. Jen had to run to a cab stand to get her cello before the store closed. No cab. She took the T.
The friendly man from AAA came, pulled a nail out of my tire and sent me on my way. I proceeded to get very lost in downtown Boston. I called Jen for help after being honked at a lot. I ended up finding a parking place and Jen took the T to meet me (there is a very sad back story about my GPS that fully explains why I was lost!). We found our way to Boston Conservatory, near Fenway Park, just before a Red Sox game… (for those of you who have not been in the Fenway area during a Red Sox game, this means lots of people, lots of traffic, horrible parking, and crazy rickshaws.)
The day ended well with delicious Vietnamese food (go Pho Basil!), a wonderful practice session, and a trip to my very welcoming in laws (thanks Andrew and Liz!). A special shout-out to Reuning and Son Violins -  Jen’s cello adjustment was fabulous!
-Heather

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home