Thursday, May 19, 2011

One Day - Five States

There are many songs to describe today: Willie Nelson’s “On the Road Again,” Johnny Cash’s “I’ve been everywhere,” and even song four of Lynns Petersen’s pieces that we are performing on tour (come to a concert, hear for yourself!).
Jen and I woke up and left Chicago at a very early hour, trying very hard to remember that it was important to get to Boston for our concerts (can’t we just stay and sleep forever??). Those of you who know me, know I am up for anything and will think up and embrace the craziest plans. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, since everything worked out), Jen is apparently happy to accept my plans as rational and good… so, yesterday when I said, “hey Jen, instead of stopping in Buffalo tonight what do you think of going straight to Boston” she said, “yes.”
Basically, what followed was a lot of driving, an all day (all 17 hours of it) discussion of our future plans, and lots of stops for gas and switching who was driving. The highlight of day for me was seeing on a sign that at our next rest station there was to be a Tim Hortons. Canadians will understand that I was overcome with emotion and actually cried when I was standing before it (I haven’t seen a Tim Hortons in 8 months). For those of you non-Canadians it is a donut and coffee shop, it is good, you should try it, you probably won’t cry.
At 2:30 am Jen and I pulled up to her apartment. Our eyes were a little crazy, we were not coherent, but we were safe, and at our final destination.
-Heather

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home