Saturday, May 14, 2011

Enjoying St. Paul MN

Today was Heather and my first full rest and practice day of our tour. Tim and JoEllen Bohannon have so amazingly, wonderfully, and graciously put us up in a beautiful hotel room for tonight and tomorrow.
This morning Heather and I went to Staples to have programs printed for the remainder of the tour. I’m pretty proud of our programs if I do say so myself. The rest of the day was spend practicing, working on the rest of the tour via email, updating our budget, and just enough relaxing.
One of my favorite moments of the day happened while we were practicing. The hotel let us use one of their conference rooms to rehearse. We shut the door, but all of those years honing our projection have definitely paid off (don’t worry, it’s a part of the hotel where no one would be bothered). One of the front desk workers came up during our practicing and knocked on the door. He had brought us two bottles of water and said, “I don’t usually like opera, but you guys are really great!” Such an amazing complement and so thoughtful!!
Tomorrow is concert number two and I’m super excited! More about that tomorrow…
~ Jen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home