Thursday, May 12, 2011

Travel Day 1: Big Sky Country

Heather and I spent a lot of time in Italy together. We’ve spent a lot of time working with each other on the phone and through email. We’ve logged a lot of rehearsal time together. But, you never really know how 12 hours of traveling with someone is going to go.
Turns out, traveling with Heather is really great!
We left Montana this morning planning for 8 hours of driving to cover 500 miles and make it to Dickinson, North Dakota. That’s a lot of driving, but Heather and I managed to make it really fun by talking about details for the tour, discussing possibilities for our next big project, and talking about life in general. We’ve learned a lot about each other.
For me, it was the first time seeing the northwest landscape. I’m not a nature person, but the sheer size and distance you can see is really incredible. Also, the colors are so different from other places in the US I’ve been. I think one of my favorite things about travel is seeing how the color of the landscape shifts. A lot of Montana is this great clay color, but the greens and grays are so beautiful too.
Now it’s time to rest up for another day of driving tomorrow.
~ Jen
PS. For those of you keeping track of cello comments, one couple asked about that “contraption” I was carrying around in Perkins, and another man in Pizza Hut commented that my “date was a little short.” I can honestly say that I’ve never heard that second one before - pretty amazing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home