Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 6: Encinitas Concert and Recording

Today we performed in the beautiful Encinitas Library. They have a new, but wonderfully well attended, concert series there with a concert every Wednesday at noon! Jim Gilliam, who organizes the series, was very welcoming and the whole experience was fantastic. If you're a performer reading this and hoping to book a concert - do it at the Encinitas Library.

The audience loved the music. What I think was especially wonderful is that the audience ranged in age from 4 years old and up and everyone was enjoying themselves. One of my favorite moments was after one of the pieces when a little kid said "I like that one" and a women in the front row turned around and said "so do I." Perfect. This exactly what we want to do -reach a group who may not usually listen to new music and have them enjoy the concert.

Back at UCSD, Jen and I met with Sam the recording engineer (he is great, check out his website) for a two and a half hour recording session. I have to say... it went really well...




Such a great day!

-Heather

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home