Saturday, September 8, 2012

Florida!!!!!! It is soooooooooo hot: there are lizards.

Jen, the cello, and I arrived in Florida on Wednesday, and since then Jen has patiently answered all my questions about alligators and where I might find them. I am happy to report that we have not had an alligator encounter yet.

Our Floridian home base of operations is with Jen's parents on Merritt Island. It is very beautiful here!! Yesterday, we had our first Florida concert at the Orlando Public Library as part of their Music in the Library series. It was a great outreach concert opportunity, and Cynthia and John (who run Music in the Library) were so enthusiastic and friendly!!

Then Jen, the cello, and I went to the Mall of Millenia to sort out my bridesmaid dress situation for her wedding (I am cutting it a little close sincethe wedding's in October). We settled on this dress, which will also work well for performances. Everyone was staring at Jen's cello, and the guy at the pizza place told her,"you look like you are ready to jam."

We got back to Merritt Island and printed our programs for our concert tonight. A shout out to Tee at Staples, it would not have happened without her!

Now we're relaxing and resting up for our concert tonight in Jen's hometown! Wish us luck (and come if you can)!

-Heather

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home